Fares Are Currently Free
Fares are currently waived. The information below is applicable when fare collection resumes.
Accepted Forms of Payment
Before you ride, you must have one of the following to board Sun Link:
- SunGO Card – loaded with a pass or cash value
- SunGO ID & Card – loaded with a pass or cash value
- 1-Day SunGO Ticket
- 30-Day SunGO Ticket
- GoTucson app with active pass
You cannot purchase or pay a fare with cash on board Sun Link. There is no fare box, and the operator does not accept fares.
Streetcar Stop Vending Machines
At any Sun Tran transit center or sales outlet vending machine:
- Buy a 1-Day SunGO Ticket with exact change, Visa or MasterCard.
- A 1-Day SunGO Ticket offers unlimited rides on Sun Link, Sun Tran and select Sun Shuttle routes, valid for 24 hours after you first tap.
- Buy a new SunGO Card with pass or cash value
- Reload a pass or cash value to an existing SunGO Card or SunGO ID & Card
- Buy a new 1-Day or 30-Day SunGO Ticket
- Reload the same pass as indicated on the front of a SunGO Ticket
Paying your fare
Have your SunGO Ticket, SunGO Card, SunGO ID Card, or GoTucson pass ready when you board.
- On the streetcar: Tap your card/ticket to the card reader as you board the streetcar. The reader will deduct the proper fare for your trip and automatically process a transfer.
- Sharing your SunGO Card or ticket with other riders is not permitted: A fare enforcement agent may request proof of valid fare, activated with a tap. If you have pass on GoTucson mobile app, fare enforcement agent may request to see activation.